So there we were in the ER on New Years Eve(actually now New Years Day). They took Bugs' temp and it was 101.1. They gave him some baby Tylenol and told us to go back in the waiting room and they would call us. 4 hours later and us asking what the heck was going on....they brought us in. They checked his temp again and it was now 102.2. Now I was a total nervous wreck as well as exhausted beyond belief. They gave him another dose of the Tylenol...you know because it had been 4 hours and he was able to have it again..Grrrrrr. Anyway, I forgot to mention....at this point my hubby had spent the whole time in and out of the bathroom, throwing up and such. He felt awful and officially had what I had had earlier in the week. Great. So back to our room in the ER...they take blood from Bugs(Most horrible experience of MY life). Then take a urine sample with a catheter. Ugh. We wait for the results. All the tests came back negative. Bugs just had a bug. They told us to give him more Tylenol to keep his fever down and his body would fight the rest. So we drive home and my hubby goes right to bed. I however, am running on pure adrenaline at this point. I try to sleep here and there. By that night I was delierious. I needed sleep so badly but just couldn't put Bugs down. I just felt like I had to hold my poor sick baby. Finally at midnight my hubby started feeling better so he looked afer bugs. I finally closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep(24 hours after the initial Pediatrician phone call) Needless to say...this was not a New Years Eve I would like to remember! See ya 2011!
Thursday, January 5, 2012
Bugs caught a bug!
New Years Eve...supposed to be a fabulous, wild, exciting night. Noise makers, drinks, high heels and a great place to dance the night away...yeah right. My New Years Eve party was in the emergency room. Bugs was sick! The whole day he couldn't keep anything down. I had had the same thing earlier in the week. (sorry Bugs...don't know where I got it but I'm sorry I gave it to you.) Late that night my hubby and I checked his temperature and it was around 100.1. I was really nervous since Bugs is only 2 months old. I called our pediatricians office and got the answering service(on New Years at 1 am? Go figure?!) Anyway..they paged our pediatrician...I thought they would have had an on call doctor. Not so much. Our actual pediatrician called me right back(poor guy was sleeping, but yay! what a great Doctor!) He said if Bugs' temperature got up to 100.4 then we should take him to the emergency room. We waited an hour and took him temp again. I watched the temperature climb up to 101 and didn't even give it a chance to get any higher. Before we knew it we were all in the car on our way to the ER. By the way...before we left my hubby started to not feel so good...oh boy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment